Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Famous Words (source # 4)


During research, I came across a cite that was loaded with quotes from Martin Luther King Jr. They are all pretty inspirational, and uplifting. I thought I would use this blog to share a few of the ones I thought were most interesting. They also give you a sense of how Dr. King spoke to his audiences while he was still alive.
"Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true."-MLK


"The good neighbor looks beyond the external accidents and discerns those inner qualities that make all men human and, therefore, brothers." - MLK 'Strength to Love,' 1963


"Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: - 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." - MLK Speech at Civil Rights March on Washington, August 28, 1963


"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."- MLK Strength to Love, 1963


"Quotations by Author." The Quotations Page. 17 Feb. 2007 http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Martin_Luther_King_Jr./.

2 comments:

mander said...

Wow these quotes are very good. I think they will help you in your paper or at least give you a better understanding of what Martin Luther King Jr. was like. Which quote did you like the best? I personaly like the one where he discribes the ultimate measure of a man.

Sarah said...

I agree with Amanda, I really like that quote as well. It might be good to use at the beginning or end of your final research paper. I'm sure he didn't mean for it to be about himself, but in a way it does describe him.